New data protection legislation came into effect under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 on 25thMay 2018. It is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
The London Sleep Company is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors.
What are your rights?
· The General Data Protection Regulation sets out the following rights for customers and their data:
· The right to be informed - Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data, and have to opt in for their data to be collected.
· The right of access - Individuals have the right to access their personal data and to ask how their data is being used.
· The right to rectification - Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected, or completed if it is incomplete.
· The right to erasure – Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent for a company to use their data and have their data deleted. The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
· The right to restrict processing - Individuals can request that their data is not used for processing.
· The right to data portability – Individuals have the right to obtain and transfer their data for their own purposes across different services.
· The right to object - Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
· The right to be notified - Individuals have the right to be notified of any security breaches which may compromise their personal data within 72 hours.
The London Sleep Company is committed to protecting your privacy and data security. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the GDPR in the UK. The purpose of this document is to explain to you how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from https://thelondonsleepcompany.co.uk/(the Site).
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information relating to your web browser, time zone, the IP address and cookies that are installed on your device. Also, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the web pages or products you view, which search terms or websites referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
The following technologies are used to collect that information:
- Cookies - these are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Log files – these track actions occurring on the Site. They also collect data including IP address, browser type, Internet provider, referring and/or exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags and pixels - these are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use information collected about your device to help us check for potential risk and fraud and to improve and optimise our Site (e.g. by producing analytics about how our customers interact with the Site, and to assess the success of any marketing and advertising campaigns we are running.
If you make an enquiry, we will need to know certain information in order you full name, email address and phone number. When you place an order, we need to know your full name, billing and shipping address, email address, and phone number. This information allows us to respond to your enquiry and process your order.
When you place an order with us, you consent to us obtaining your information for the sole purpose of providing the services. We will not use your data for marketing campaigns unless you give us permission to do so. It t may, however, be used for data analysis.
Information we collect is used to generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing payment, organising shipping and sending you invoices and/or order confirmations). In addition, we use this information to communicate with you and, when you have given us permission to do so, provide you with information or marketing materials relating to our products or services.
We strictly comply with the GDPR, as do all of our trusted partners (including service providers, online market places, distributors). We share your Personal Information in a GDPR compliant manner with third parties to help us provide our services. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers interact with the Site. If you want to know more about how Google uses your Personal Information, you can find more information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Payments are processed through online payment processing provider Stripe. More information can be found on their GDPR compliance here https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation and https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
The London Sleep Company does not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
In compliance with UK regulation, your data will be held for seven years. If you believe us to be handing your data incorrectly, then you are within your rights to contact the Information Commissioner's Office(ICO).
If you decide to withdraw your consent for us to hold your personal details, your data will be manually removed from our company databases and any hardcopies will be destroyed.
In accordance with the UK data protection legislation, we adhere to strict security procedures relating to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, in order to to prevent unauthorised access. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
We like to keep our database up to date and accurate, so you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing us at email@example.com
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about privacy or this policy, please send us an email at the following address: email@example.com